July 09, 2018 — Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund (PIF), has acquired a 15.2 percent direct stake in ACWA Power, a producer and operator of power and water plants. PIF subsidiary Sanabil Direct Investment Company currently holds a 9.8 percent stake in ACWA Power, bringing PIF’s total shareholding to 25 percent. PIF’s investment into ACWA Power will be in the form of a capital increase. In February 2018, ACWA was awarded a 300MW solar project in Saudi Arabia by the country’s Renewable Energy Project Development Office.
You also might be interested in
Industry Sector Brief: Electric Vehicles, Hybrid Vehicles, and Fuel Efficiency in Saudi Arabia’s Auto Market
With global measures to mitigate pollution and climate change, rising[...]
The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council – in collaboration with the[...]
Disrupting Saudi Arabia’s Fitness Industry, Fahad Al-Haqbani Reflects on Armah Sports’ Groundbreaking “Smart” Solutions
Armah Sports, a Saudi innovator of smart fitness club concepts[...]