On November 17-19, 2015 the U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council (USSABC) and the Virginia Economic Development Partnership led a delegation of 6 companies on a business development mission to Saudi Arabia. The participating companies are engaged in a broad range of industry sectors, including medical services, information technology, security, training, health and safety services, environmental products, and cyber security. Mr. John Elink-Schuurman, VALET Program Manager at the VEDP, led the mission.
The mission program began in Dammam where the delegation visited the Asharqia Chamber. There they had meetings with Saudi companies that were arranged by the USSABC and also met with member companies of the Chamber. The delegation then traveled to Riyadh, where participants were briefed on the Saudi Arabian business environment. The delegation was addressed by Dr. Basheer Al-Ghuraydh, Secretary-General and Executive Director at the USSABC; Douglas Wallace, Counselor for Commercial Affairs at the United States Embassy in Riyadh; and John Beaumont, Associate at Crowell & Moring LLP. The delegation visited the Riyadh Chamber of Commerce & Industry to meet with Saudi companies. Mission delegates also visited the facilities of several Saudi companies and institutions for meetings, including Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, Naif Arab University for Security Sciences, and Elm. U.S. companies in the delegation also attended a networking reception in Riyadh hosted by USSABC member company Crowell & Moring LLP. The mission helped participating U.S. companies to establish relationships with potential partners and customers in Saudi Arabia.
The following Virginia companies participated in the mission:
- ACI Solutions provides services in the areas of information technology, including cyber security and secure communications networks. In cyber security, the company plans and engineers secure networks that can resist attacks, monitors networks for threats, and works with clients to mitigate damage that may occur. The company offers managed information technology services such as secure communications and cloud-based services. For more information, please visit acisolutions.net.
- Alliance Solutions Group (ASG) offers specialized services in the areas of emergency management and environment, health, and safety (EHS). ASG serves clients in the U.S. government, international governments, hospitals, fire departments, and private companies. ASG designs and implements solutions in collaboration with clients, including hazard assessments, emergency management procedures, health and safety audits, training for emergency personnel, and environmental compliance plans. For more information, please visit asg-inc.org.
- American Orthotic and Prosthetic Center (American OPC) provides custom medical services to patients who need prosthetic or orthotic devices. American OPC designs and manufactures custom prosthetic or orthotic device that meet a patient’s specific needs. The medical staff at American OPC is certified by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics. For more information, please visit americanopc.com.
- Commonwealth Trading Partners (CTP) offers training services for law enforcement agencies, security organizations, and government agencies. CTP offers training services on topics such as border security, export control, investigations, intelligence analysis, and nonproliferation of weapons. CTP has more than 400 professional trainers with extensive experience in law enforcement and security. For more information, please visit ctp-inc.com.
- Pureous manufactures and sells products for environmental remediation and cleaning. Pureous products are used to clean up and eliminate spills of chemicals, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, and other hazardous materials. The company’s products break down hydrocarbons and other harmful chemicals at a molecular level and change them into non-toxic materials. For more information, please visit pureous.com.
- SYSUSA provides information technology services and solutions. Its offerings include cyber security, governance, risk management, compliance, training and certification, and consulting. In the area of cyber security, SYSUSA helps companies design and implement cyber security solutions through risk/vulnerability assessment, application testing, compliance evaluation, policies and procedures development, and planning. For more information, please visit sysusa.com.