Are you interested in growing your experience in international trade, membership and using Salesforce? The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council is searching for a Membership Specialist who will have the opportunity to engage in a range of membership, recruitment, Salesforce, and office administration activities. Under the direction and training by the Capture Manager, this position will optimize the use of the organization’s Salesforce, implementing procedures for accurate collection and entry of data, developing and executing reports and dashboards, and providing analysis.
Reports to: Capture Manager
The responsibilities of the intern will include (but are not limited to):
- Processes and fulfills Member requests, member information/address change requests, returned mail, and member meeting attendance activity.
- Manages Member invoicing, payments and levels, including processing payments and receipts.
- Supports event activities, including but not limited to: list management, invitations, processing attendees, generating name badges, and on-site support for event.
- Participates in weekly membership and recruiting meetings.
- Oversees Member recruitment onboarding steps, including tracking potential members in Salesforce, identifying leads in the database and tracking any necessary onboarding processes.
- Updates website, marketing materials and membership lists when new members are recruited.
- Participates in the Business Council’s marketing efforts by looking for opportunities to expand on current membership with all facets of marketing – from assisting with marketing collateral projects, to database marketing, and event registration.
- Under the guidance of the Capture Manager this position will help oversee the data integrity of organization’s Salesforce, including researching and resolving routine data errors and inconsistencies.
- Liaises with the Council’s Salesforce Consulting team for building out new systems in Salesforce and for technical support.
- Develops Dashboards and reports for the organization.
- Manage staff user accounts including activating and deactivating users, granting privileges and setting permissions using roles and profiles.
- Participates in Salesforce trainings in the Washington, DC and remotely to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia offices using GoToMeeting.
- Uses Apsona and other 3rd party tools for data cleaning and tracking.
- Performs data entry and maintenance of member information. Provides regular membership statistical reports to senior management.
- Acts as a back up to the front receptionist for covering the main phone lines.
- Serves as a backup to assist with maintenance and updates of Business Council’s website or other marketing materials.
- Other tasks as requested.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in an office environment in relevant field, preferably at an association/non-profit organization.
- 1 or more years of using Salesforce.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Salesforce Administrator certification not required, opportunity for Salesforce Administrator training with potential for certification.
- Experience using Salesforce in the backend and/or preparing reports and Dashboards a plus.
- Team player with a diplomatic temperament and ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to work independently; and must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel domestically for events, including some weekends.
- Vacation and Sick leave.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- 401K Match after one year of employment.
- Summer Fridays: 2:00pm office closure on Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Workplace perks such snacks and flexible work schedule.
- Professional Development.
About The Business Council
The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council, “the Council”, is a non-profit organization established in December 1993 to improve the mutual knowledge and understanding between the private sectors of the United States and Saudi Arabia as well as to promote trade and investment between the two countries. The Council is recognized as the premier U.S.-Saudi Arabian bilateral business promotion entity working with Saudi and American companies.
The Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.